Friday, July 27, 2012

Baked Creamy Macaroni and Cheese with Ham


Pin It

I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer! The kids and I are having a great one and it’s flying by! I decided to whip a southern favorite at the request of my youngest brother Kyle. Even though he is my “little brother” he towers over me at 6’2 and weighs as much as my refrigerator! He is so proud of his size because as a freshman he has been asked to play on his High School Varsity Football Team! Go Falcons! This fall, Kyle will be in the center of the defensive line and I WILL NOT miss a game! So……this mac and cheese is dedicated to my “little bigger brother” whom I call Kylie! I love you brother and I hope everyone enjoys this fab recipe!

Ingredients
12 ounces wide egg noodles
2 cups heavy cream
2 1/2 cups whole milk
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups grated Fontina Cheese (bagged for shortcut)
3/4 cup of finely grated Parmesan Cheese (bagged for shortcut)
3/4 cup of grated mozzarella Cheese(bagged for shortcut)
4 ounces cooked ham, diced (can used cubed pre-packaged for shortcut)
1 cup of Italian Bread Crumbs







Directions
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Spray  a 13 by 9-inch glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. Cook the noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Drain well, but do not rinse.
Whisk the cream, milk, flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in large bowl to blend. Stir in 1 cup Fontina, 1/2 cup Parmesan, 1/2 cup mozzarella, ham, and parsley. Add the noodles and toss to coat. Transfer the noodle mixture to the prepared baking dish. Toss the remaining 1 cup Fontina, 1/4 cup Parmesan, and 1/4 cup mozzarella in a small bowl to blend. Sprinkle the cheese mixture over the noodle mixture, lastly top with bread crumbs. Bake until the sauce bubbles and the cheese melts and begins to brown on top, about 20 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving, sauce will thicken upon standing.  Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Homemade Mac and Cheese is the BEST!! Can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing. New follower! Yay for being blog friends! I'm excited to see what's next :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love homemade mac and cheese. Now I just need to get motivated to make it : )

    Thanks so much for sharing at Mealtime Monday!

    Kaylee
    www.couponingncooking.com

    ReplyDelete